Showing posts with label Saab 9-5. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Saab 9-5. Show all posts

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

China’s Pang Da Places a New €15 Million Order for Saab Vehicles


Chinese distributor Pang Da Automobile is pumping more cash into Spyker NV's ailing Swedish unit Saab by placing a new order for 630 vehicles valued at €15 million or US$21.5 million. This latest order comes after an earlier one last week for 1,300 cars worth €30 million (US$43.2 million) and is part of a broader deal in which Pang Da agreed to buy a 24 percent stake in Saab’s parent company Spyker for €65 million (US$93.5 million).

The Swedish automaker said that as with the first order, Pang Da will pay the additional €15 million order up front with the funds expected to be received by the end of this week. Delivery of the vehicles ordered by Pang Da will start in the fall of this year.

Read more »

Friday, May 27, 2011

Saab Returns from the Dead…Again, Restarts Production at its Trollhättan Factory


Saab is back in the business of making cars again -at least for now- almost two months after production came to a halt on April 6 when the company’s suppliers stopped deliveries of parts in protest over unpaid bills. The Swedish company was able to restart production after receiving €30 million (US$42.8 million) in advance on a deal it has signed with Chinese car distributor Pang Da Automobile.

The China company’s CEO, Mr. Pang Qinghua, visited the Trollhättan factory today together with CEO and Chairman of Saab Automobile, Victor Muller, and witnessed the first vehicle to roll off the assembly line. Saab said around 100 cars were built today but plans to “increase the daily production rate in the coming weeks in parallel with the full re-establishment of the supply chain”.

Read more »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What Lies Ahead in Saab’s Future?


Saab is in trouble. With mounting debts and limited capital investment, the Swedish company is a prime candidate to go the way of the dinosaurs. The troubled automaker has not built a single vehicle since the 1st of April, and a much touted deal with China’s Hawtai Motor Group has fallen through. They did however sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with another Chinese company called Pang Da Automobile Trade Co. Ltd, earlier this week, but we will have to wait and see if the deal goes through.

In light of this, I’ve thought up four plausible (though unlikely) scenarios for Saab. These range from the hugely cynical all the way to the brazenly optimistic. After all, isn’t it better than Saab has some future rather than no future at all? Without further ado, here are your options:

Read more »

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

VIDEO: New Saab 9-5 Police Interceptor in the Making


When they are not trying to save Saab or put down anyone who dares express a different opinion or even report the news about the Swedish automaker and its people (I’m referring to this article where the author forgot to mention Muller’s quote on the safety of Chinese cars, and which we wrote about here), the guys over Saabsunited get to spend some time at their favorite brand’s Trollhattan factory.

In this video, the Saab-loving crew were given the chance to get a first view of the new 9-5 saloon police interceptor as it was being prepared, and which is said to receive its initial public outing this weekend. Follow the jump to watch the clip.

Read more »

Friday, April 15, 2011

Saved by Antonov: Saab Sells Production Facilities to Russian Banker to Get Cash


The Swedish government offered
Saab conditional backing for a deal to free up cash for the company (see previous story here), whose production lines have been stopped for two weeks as Saab didn't pay suppliers. "We have decided to allow the Debt Office to conclude an agreement with Saab," said enterprise minister Maud Olofsson during a news conference on Friday.

The government has approved a proposal from the Debt Office to allow Saab to sell real estate, including the production plant, to Russian financier Vladimir Antonov and then lease it back from him. The minister said this deal would bring €30 million to Saab in the first phase, although the real estate was worth much more than that.

Read more »

Saab Roller Coaster Continues as Cash Gets Tight


Saab just can't seem to catch a break. After moving from the General's formerly overcrowded pocket into the hands of Spyker, the once-quirky brand is now doing all it can to bring production back online after failing to pay suppliers.

The gist is this: Saab received 400 million Euros (~$580 million) from the European Investment Bank so it could keep on ticking. Sweden guaranteed the loan, meaning whatever Spyker's resolution calls for must get the go-ahead from the Man.

Read more »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...